Sozo is one of the foremost healing and deliverance ministries in the UK. If you are not “free” in any area of your life, then we can help.
Sozo Ministries International was established in 1983 by Marion Daniel.
Our ministry’s vision is to “bring wholeness to the world through Jesus”.
For over thirty years, we have shared the message of God’s love and healing power. Find out more about our ministry and the miraculous journey which God has led us on since the ministry started…
Marion Daniel, founding Pastor
It is our desire to bring the message of the whole gospel to God’s people and the world. Jesus died that we might be saved, healed and made whole. Holy Scripture proves that it is God’s best that we are whole in body, mind and spirit.
In the original Biblical language, the word “sozo” means saved, healed and whole. We believe Father God heals His people as they enter into worship in the presence of holiness, and in the power of the anointing of the Holy Ghost.
Pastor Marion Daniel, supported by a team of people, ministers the whole gospel and the revelation that God delivers and heals His people today.
- Monthly meetings at the Dunwood Oaks Centre which focus on healing and deliverance. Valuable times of praise, worship, ministry of the Word and personal prayer for salvation, healings and miracles.
- Weekly fellowship meetings which focus on teaching and equipping believers.
- A variety of wholeness and victory conferences offering wisdom from God’s Word and prayers of authority.
- Celebrations of Biblical feasts throughout the year.
- Ministry to people affected by an involvement in freemasonry, as well as other brotherhoods and ungodly groups.
- Ministry to people with Jewish roots. In the journey to embrace our Jewish roots, we have seen that many of God’s chosen people live persecuted lives even today for all sorts of reasons. We have a heart to pray with these people and see them set free in Yeshua.
- Team visits by personal invitation throughout the UK and abroad, preaching “God wants you whole” (the whole gospel) as well as a host of other topics.
- Ministry preparation courses for those wishing to serve and minister for Jesus Christ and additional courses for those who are established and wish to go further in ministry.
- A desire to help and support others in leadership or pastoral roles. It can be hard work being a leader and we want to help keep the flame burning!
- International teaching and resource ministry with an online shop. We stock a large selection of CDs, DVDs and books, including many which are not available in mainstream Christian bookstores.
It has been a joyous homecoming to once again embrace our Jewish Messiah, to take our place as grafted-in members of the commonwealth of Israel, and to celebrate the Moedim, God’s appointed times, the feasts of the Lord as kept by the Jews.
Looking back we can see how the Lord has been paving the way and preparing the ministry for the journey we now find ourselves on. George Daniel, Pastor Marion’s father, was born in South West London. He was brought up with a deep respect for his Jewish neighbours. Just before the war, he moved to Southampton and married Joan. When Marion was born it was a German Jewish Doctor who saved her life as a baby.
When the Lord revealed to us that the church has not replaced the Jews as God’s chosen people, we began to seriously investigate the Hebraic roots of our Christian faith. We discovered how the church had deliberately severed these roots in the 3rd and 4th centuries’ and we came face to face with the shameful history of Christian anti-Semitism. God has given us a deep conviction to return to the roots of our faith so that we can finally return to His master plan.
This transformation has not always been easy. But it has certainly been worth it!
Sozo Ministries International originally began as Mayday Ministries.
Out of her own home, Marion birthed what is now Sozo Ministries International. She preached and ministered from house to house and then started to hold regular Sunday afternoon services at the YWCA in Bellevue Road, Southampton. It was not long before this facility became too small and we began using various other venues in the Test Valley.
Alongside local meetings, the ministry received invitations from further afield which led to ministry trips becoming quite the norm. As we started to minister across Great Britain we took to the road in the first Sozo Minibus.
We held our first ‘Wholeness and Victory’ holidays during the spring and summer at Kingford Hill, Devon. After that, residential conferences continued on for many years at other locations within the United Kingdom.
Mountbatten School, Romsey was our gathering point for many years where we met for larger meetings called ‘Sozo Sundays’. Many people joined us here for pure worship, the Word of God and prayer for healing.
To allow for growth, the ministry soon rented administrative offices in West Wellow, Hampshire. Starting with just two offices, we then progressed into three offices, eventually requiring an additional Portakabin.
The ministry was granted charitable status in 1994. Today, we still pursue an ethical standard as we adhere to the UK Charity Commission’s code of governance and legal requirements.
To consolidate our separate offices into one building and to obtain a sanctuary for some of our meetings, we relocated to ‘Sozo House’ in central Romsey. After first acquiring the left side of the building, we later expanded into the right side which gave us a much needed headquarters for our vision.
The Awbridge Pavilion became our recreational building for many years where we hosted children’s faith schools, summer fun days, family events and more.
God led us to the door of the Dunwood Manor Golf Club in autumn 2012. Although the property needed work to make it home, it was clear this was the place that would accommodate all we want to achieve and do as a ministry.
As a result of people’s faithful and generous giving, we recently opened the doors on the new sanctuary at Dunwood Oaks. We want to fill this place and bring glory to God so why not join us and be a part of what God is doing here!